You might understand from all of my posts since I joined Demon Media’s Fashion section that there is a recurring theme throughout my posts. I love to talk about my idols; whether it’s their impeccable sense of style, their acting or musical talents or just their general personality.
Today, there is no change. I write about my idol, my spirit animal and my ultimate hero; Jennifer Lawrence. The Hunger Games star turned 23 yesterday and to celebrate this fabulous woman’s birthday, I’ll take you through a few of Jen’s years as a fashion icon, a hilarious person and an incredible, Academy Award-winning actress.
5. Jennifer Lawrence wowed critics and fashionistas at Cannes Film Festival this year, not only through promoting the sequel to The Hunger Games – ‘Catching Fire’ – but through her excellent choice of a Dior Spring/Summer 2013 dress. The white, sleeveless gown with a solo floral print matched her hot pink heels as she showed off her relatively new haircut. From the rest of the outfit choices, you’ll notice that Jennifer is a huge fan of Dior.
4. A few months later, The Met Gala took place. Jennifer attended the Punk-themed evening in, yes; you guessed it, ANOTHER Dior gown. This time, a black embroidered dress, sleeveless again but reaching just to her ankles showing off her gorgeous embellished platform heels. In pure Punk theme, Jen kept the jet black theme throughout, from her minimal accessories and netted headgear – with the exception of her powerful red lips. She even took her hilarity to another level when she photo bombed Sarah Jessica Parker!
3. When wearing this dress for the Oscars in 2011, Jennifer in true JL fashion joked that she was “going to wear sweatpants” to the Oscars. Instead, luckily enough, she arrived wearing this sexy Calvin Klein number that showed off her curvaceous figure. Definitely jealous!
2. For the GLAAD Media Awards, Jennifer arrived wearing a slinky black dress by David Koma,with a mesh insertion in the chest and shoulder area. It’s one of those dresses that is pretty simple but is worn fabulously by Jennifer, with simple make-up and great heels to make the outfit even more amazing. While Jennifer suits almost every hair colour (black for ‘The Silver Linings Playbook’, dark brown for ‘The Hunger Games’, blonde for Winters Bone and red for ‘X-Men’), this length works so well for her! We love it, Jen!
1. And finally, last but in no means least. This outfit makes number one on my celebration countdown for Jen’s best red carpet looks: her Dior Couture dress for the Oscars 2013. On the way to collect her award for Best Actress for ‘The Silver Linings Playbook’, Jennifer took a stumble on the steps due to her outrageous Dior gown. While she hid her evident embarrassment after the fall with jokes once she reached the stage, the actress in my opinion looked the most amazing of all the nominees. The white-meets-rose-coloured, strapless Dior is one to remember in the books of all the years to come in the fashion world and will be best remembered for the elegant way that it was worn by Jennifer. Her hair was pulled back in an elegant bun and her make-up was dark on the eyes and light on the lips to add some contrast to the femininity of her dress. To top it all off, Jennifer wore a necklace that draped down her back to emphasise her collarbones as well as her shoulder blades. Dior couldn’t have a better muse in my opinion and also couldn’t be worn better by any other woman.
Happy (belated) 23rd Birthday, Jennifer Lawrence. We salute you for your amazing acting skills, ability to make the fashion world go goo-goo and the way you always make us laugh.