With 2014 drawing to a close and seemingly every single band winding down their hectic calendars for the year, many bands have been heading back in to the studio to prepare for upcoming 2015 releases. So here at Demon we’ve compiled this handy guide to who’s in the studio and what else they might be up to.
- RADIOHEAD – Guitarist Johnny Greenwood this week confirmed that the Oxfordshire legends were back in the studio where their next album was being coaxed from it’s ‘early stages’ and that ‘working with Radiohead is all about repetition and working slowly.’ So it may be some time before the band actually have an album to present to the world as a follow up to 2011’s ‘The King Of Limbs’. Not one to rest on his laurels, Johnny Greenwood has been a busy bee scoring ‘Inherent Vice’ which opens in the UK on January 30th and also features music from Neil Young.
- HAIM – Having only just wrapped up their last leg of promotion for their debut record ‘Days Are Gone’ which saw the band more or less on tour constantly for the last two and a half years, Alana Haim took to Twitter to reveal that the three sisters and now two misters were back in the studio complete with a photo of middle sister Danielle recording guitar parts. The trio are working once more with super producer Arielle Rechscheidt who they worked with on their debut album and who also was the producer for the last Vampire Weekend record. As exciting as it is to see Haim already back in the studio, it might take some time for them to make their next record as their debut took about five years to make but the band are hoping for a release in early or mid Spring for their sophomore record.
- THE MACCABEES – The lads are currently on tour with Kasabian and playing some new material to arena sized crowds which should be the height at which they are welcomed back with once their next record drops. Felix has kept himself busy with his Cosmo project which saw him release an EP that featured vocals from Jessie Ware and Florence Welch. The boys last record propelled them into the stratosphere and here’s hoping the new record will mark just as much of a progression forward for the still quite young lads.
- FLORENCE & THE MACHINE – Still no sign of Florence’s third album that has been almost three years in the making now, but photos from various members of her Machine indicate that the band have been upping their studio time lately in between having babies and producing Beyonce tracks. Clearly taking the time to make sure she doesn’t encounter ‘the difficult third album’ syndrome, Florence is sure to return with an even bigger bang than previous record ‘Ceremonials’ did when it went straight to the top of the charts.
- PALMA VIOLETS – It has just been announced that they will be heading out on the NME Awards Tour 2015, Palma Violets apparently have ‘So many songs, there are nearly 20 at the moment’ but the band are apprently in the stage of narrowing them down in order to release their second record early next year. The band have stated that they are sticking to their fly by the seat of your pants choppy tracks emphasising that their second record will ‘hold onto what we started the band for.’