I’m sure there’s a few of you still unsure of what societies to become a part of. Making a decision may be easier with all that’s going on this week. Check out what these groups are getting up to: from educational to social, there is lots of ways for you to meet new people, learn a thing or two or knock back a few cheeky bevvies.
Tuesday 7th October 2014
– Who: WireDMU
– What: 1st Guest speaker
– Where: Innovation Centre- 6.30pm
– Why: Local bar owner, Gareth Hazard, will be sharing his experience of starting a business.
– Ideal for: Entrepreneurs seeking to learn a few tricks of the trade
– Tweet @WIRE_DMU for more info.
– Who: Ahlu Bayt Islamic Society
– What: Food Crawl
– Why: Make a change from the boozy bar crawls and experience some new cuisines instead!
– Ideal for: Foodies who are up for trying new delicacies
– Add Leicester Absoc on Facebook.
Wednesday 8th October 2014
– Who: DMU British Sign Language Society
– What: Social
– Why: Meet the team for their first social of the year
– Ideal for: Students who want to learn to communicate in a different way. You never know when Sign Language can come in handy!
– Join DMU BSL Society on Facebook
– Who: Sikh Society
– What: Guest Speaker
– Why: Get the chance to be introduced to Sikhism
– Ideal for: Students interested in learning about the religion.
– Join DMU Sikh Society on Facebook
Thursday 9th October 2014
– Who: Tamil Society
– What: Meet and Greet
– Where: Soar Point- 5.30pm
– Why: Get the chance to meet the Tamil Society committee and fellow society members.
– Ideal for: Students wanting to meet new people interested in Tamil culture
– Tweet @DMUTamilSociety for details
Friday 10th October 2014
– Who: DMU CSSA
– What: Masquerade
– Where: Level 1- 6.30pm
– Why: Join members of the Chinese Students and Scholars Association for a ball of an evening
– Price: £4.99. Hurry! There’s only 150 tickets up for grabs
– Add DMU CSSA on Facebook
Been along to one of these events? Don’t forget you can share your experience by emailing email@example.com.