Written by Emily Fox.
Over the past week, DMU students had their say in choosing the five new full-time Executives and seven part-time liberation representatives to make up the new De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU) Officer Team. With 1828 votes cast in total, it’s now time to hear the results!
The full-time Executive team are as follows:
- Academic Executive – Ruby Rawles
- Equality and Diversity Executive – Puja Subramanian
- Student Opportunities and Engagement Executive – Aashni Sawjani
- Union Development Executive – Joanna Dine-Hart (re-elected)
- Welfare Executive – Benjamin Smith (re-elected)
Alongside the Executive Team, the DSU Officer Team will include a team of seven part-time liberation representatives including;
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Students’ Representative (BAME) – Maryam Haque
- Disabled Students’ Representative – Hope Heeley
- International Students’ Representative – Leonardo Venturi
- LGBTQ+ Students’ Representative – Nicole Sibanda
- Mature Students’ Representative – Temi Adekunle
- Postgraduate Students’ Representative – Nusrat Nadir
- and Womens Representative – Wiktoria Pulka
Moreover, this year’s six National Union of Students (NUS) Delegates are Amber Mitchell-Hanna, Benjamin Smith, Ebitimi Imomotebegha, Puja Subramanian, Sacha Christopher and Wiktoria Pulka.
The new Officer Team is due to take up their positions on Monday 1 July 2021.