The second suspect for the Boston Marathon bombings earlier this week is in custody, police say.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was found hiding in a boat in Waterdown – a suburb of the city – and was captured following a tip-off from a local resident, who spotted blood near it. He called the police after opening the top of the boat where he found a man covered in blood.
Police bomb-squad vans, ambulances and helicopters surrounded the scene and Tsarnaev was taken into custody after a gun-fight lasting around an hour, the authorities have said.
A crowd that had gathered near the scene cheered, as the suspect was taken away.
He is said to be seriously injured and is currently being treated at Massachusetts Hospital.
Shortly after the arrest was made, Boston Police Department tweeted: “CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody.”
His brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was shot dead by police shortly after the FBI released images of the pair earlier this week. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev managed to escape on foot, leading to a police man-hunt that involved thousands of officials, and that put Boston on lock-down.
They were also responsible for the death of a University Police Officer and the injury of another on Thursday, happening shortly before the bloody gun-fight that led to the death of the older brother.
Following the announcement that the second suspect had been caught, citizens across America celebrated, with chants of U-S-A being heard in bars and on the streets.
The bombings, which killed three and injured more than 170, have led to shock and anger worldwide, and it prompted President Barack Obama to pledge full federal support to find those responsible.
The President is due to address America – and the rest of the world – shortly, now both suspects are no longer at large.
Demon Media will bring you the latest as it happens.