After wrapping all of those presents, all you need is a festive design for your nails that is simple and quick to do when you’re rushing about. This tutorial for Christmas-themed candy canes for your nails is something that will be perfect this Christmas.
For this tutorial I used:
- Barry M Base & Top Coat
- Rio Professional Nail Art – White
- Collection ‘Work the Colour’ – Lady in Red
1. To start this design, apply a base coat to protect your nails.
2. Paint one or two layers of red onto your nails to ensure a thick and intense colour, perfect for that festive feel.
3. Then, with a nail art brush, carefully paint white diagonal striped on your nails to create the candy cane effect.
4. Finish with a topcoat to protect your nails and keep the colour for longer.
This minimalistic design can be changed in a number of ways to suit you. You can keep the white stripes but have a pastel pink or festive green base instead of red. You could do a three-striped effect with red, green and white on top of a black or clear base. Or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, add some glitter or sparkly polish to the mix to make those nails really shine!
Have you tried this Christmas nail design or have your own that you would like to share with us? Why don’t you show us using @Demonfashion